Media Center

This is heading element



8 October 2017

Effectively immediately, an accompanying spouse in L-2, E-1 or J-2 status will be able to request a Social Security number without having to visit a Social Security office. This development will help eligible spouses enter the U.S. work force much faster than before.

Under the new procedure, an eligible spouse can request a Social Security number as part of his or her application for employment authorization (EAD). All that needs to be done is to request a Social Security number at Question 10 on the newly published edition of the EAD application form (see link below).

According to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), applicants who receive their approved EADs from USCIS should receive their Social Security card from the Social Security Agency within the following two weeks.

Click for more information 

25 September 2017

The Trump administration just made its travel ban permanent

3 August 2017

Donald Trump's 'merit-based' immigration plan may benefit Indian professionals

2 August 2017

Trump announces new immigration policy for financially stable English speakers

3 August 2017

Trump's immigration plan: could an Australian points model work in the US?

29 June 2017

Trump travel ban: new visa criteria set to come into effect - Read about Trump travel ban

Does The Preparation Of A Business Plan Needs To Be An Internal Process?